Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cabin Fever Cure #2

Playing with my seeds!!! I took pictures of some of the cooler looking seeds… Can’t wait to take pictures of some plants! Where is Spring???

Can you tell which ones are Pie Pumpkin seeds and which ones are Atlantic Giant Pumpkin seeds? Got these two types in a trade a few weeks ago. I think I will probably plant the Pie pumpkins, not sure if I have it in me to give the Atlantic Giants the care (and food and space, etc) they really need!!

Above is some cool looking Indian corn I got from a trade. Not sure what type it is though. The lady who sent it to me said she got it from a North Dakota Sioux who told her they grow it every year. I really want to try it, but I think I am going to grow the Bloody Butcher Red Corn (below) and some Hopi Pink (not pictured).

Below are some castor bean seeds. Not sure what type, I just know they will be tall! I got these in a trade also. These seeds are kinda creepy looking… Like a big fat tick that just got done gorging itself. The plants (and seeds) are very poisonous, maybe it’s a good thing they look kinda like big ticks! Watch out all you nasty squirrels, don’t be digging around the wrong plants!

Well, that’s enough for now, I will post some more in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Doug,

Thank you so much for your very sweet comment at Elements In Time. I would love to trade seeds! I don't have much, but I do have some scarlet runner beans, and some lima beans I saved from last year....

I'm eyeing your amaranth and lime basil...mmmm.

And I am so amazed by seeds. They all look so unique and intricate. It's hard to imagine they'll turn into a plant.